26/01/2010

Host family and friends

Definitely, the best way to be in touch with a culture is staying with a host family. Not only because you can experience the day-a-day of a country, but also you might have cohabitants, who will add a different taste to your trip.

I’m having the opportunity to have a Japanese guy, Russian and French girls, 2 Korean people and a Belgian guy in my everyday life. I’ve also met people from Italy and France during coffee break or lunch time and, on the top of that, I have teachers from England and Scotland.

Yeap, it IS a lot of different things, but I think the pictures will speak for themselves. Enjoy! =)


Left to right: Reiji (Jap.), Irina (Russia), Edele (Irel. and host mother), Maureen (Irel. and MY host mother), Selène (France) and Soo-Jean (Korea). They were having caipirinha. I did it myself! u.u


Left to right: Reiji, Henrique (Brazil- classmate), Soo-Jean, Alex (Korean – classmate), me and Kevin (Belgium –classmate). Alex took us to a Korean restaurant. VEEEERY hot food. VEEERY hot.

On my birthday, we had a party here at my house and then went to a pub. Reiji bought the cake, my host mother bought the wine, and the girls and the mothers wrote me cards and bought me very nice gifts.





Next Thursday Irina, the Russian girl, will cook Russian pancakes for dinner. =D
The only sad thing is I’m leaving in two weeks and I’ll probably never see most of these people again. They have been making me feel at home away from home.

Miss you all!

Nenhum comentário: