16/01/2008

Happy New Year

December, 31st, 1 p.m..

I was on the bus on the way to my friend's house, where our New Year's party took place. Then I saw a familiar face and I thought: "Oh, God.. Here comes an embarrassing situation..."

I've been teacher since 2000; I studied in a course where 820 people apply every year and few graduate; I've been going to different bars and meeting different people since I was 16. So the possibility of not remembering where I know the person from is extremely high... And that's what happens. Take a look at the dialog:

The girl: Heeeey!!! Hooooow aaaaare youuu!!!????
Me: hello...you? (trying to pretend that my surprised face was NOT a desperated one). How are you?
The girl: Fine, really fine! And you?
Me (thinking): She looks like a girl I'd met a month before and was going to Spain.
Me (speaking): How was your trip?
The girl: My trip?! How did.. Who do you...
Me(thinking): FUCK!!!
Me (speaking): Ohh, I'm sorry, I'm mistaking you by another friend of mine.. (genius... what a polite answer)
The girl: ...
Me: I'm sorry... You know.. at this time of the year, everyone's rushing... (oh, yeah... Perfect... Now she'll understand and forgive you)
The girl: ...
Me: So, what's new? (besides you being forgotten by a person that you enjoyed meeting out of the blue)
The girl: I've been to Italy. I came back last month. (incredible how a voice tone can change when a person is angry)
Me: Niiiiiice. See, you were traveling anyway (another genius one....) Did you go to study?
The girl: Well, here's my stop. Happy New Year...

Um comentário:

D. Vespa disse...

Quem manda ser tão social? Isso quase nunca acontece comigo. u.u