29/10/2007

Things that parents do.

It's incredible the capacity all parents have to take for granted that you're doing something really stupid.

This weekend I was leaving my mother-in-law's house and my boyfriend was carrying his laundry in a very heavy backpack. We were going to the movies and afterwards to his house.
While we were getting in the car my in-law screamed: "Leave your bag in the trunk when going to the movies!!"
No. He's carrying it all around the mall. Why leaving it comfortably in the trunk? I bet he prefers to be uncomfortable.

Then, I remembered my mother. Every SINGLE time I'm getting out of her car she warns me: "Wait! There are cars coming. Wait for the red traffic light!"
No. I'm opening the door and throwing myself at the cars. I like the adrenaline.

Why do parents find so necessary to say the obvious and, the most important issue, why do they make it sound like the wisest piece of advice of our lives?

2 comentários:

Anônimo disse...

Hi

Yes, I met him. He was extra nice, by the way. The picture I took with him was shit, however. I'll show it to you soon.

xxx
Higor.

PS: There's a new post on the blog.

Jak disse...

Where are you?