10/05/2010

Read me to sleep

I started studying for the Cambridge language examinations in 1997. I enrolled for the CPE preparatory without the slightest idea of what it was. Obviously, I dropped it after 3 months. Last year I decided to go for something easier - CAE.
At the beggining I though it was as difficult as CPE. I almost gave up once more. However, few hour of studying per week has lead me to a brand new universe: the I-am-capable-of-doing-it universe. Consequently, I've become aware of what I would have to do to fill the language gap that has always bothered me: have fun with English. I have always loved listening to the news (don't ask me why... I just love it. Period.), so I've been insanely downloading the Global News Podcast in an almost daily basis from the BBC website.
Nonetheless, it's reading that's been making my days deliriously happier. I've been madly in love with it since I first joined two syllabes to make a meaninful word come to live. Therefore, I'm deeply immersed into cubic meters of a wide range of language, soaking up every single chunk presented to me by those who have been touched by sweet the hand of inspiration. And I'm about to be tucked in by one of them.
So, good-night, sweet readers and flights of angels read thee to thy rest.


Soundtrack: Asleep - The Smiths

Nenhum comentário: